Whether you have a small or spacious kitchen, sufficient storage space is essential to keep everything in order. A cramped, messy kitchen can often make simple day-to-day chores like cooking, restocking, and washing dishes hectic and time-consuming — something that no homeowner wants. For people with small kitchens, pull-out storage can be a real lifesaver, but can also be an obstruction at times. In this post, a cabinet refacing expert shares the benefits and drawbacks of pull-out storage.
- An organized kitchen cabinet system. If you add pull-out storage to your kitchen cabinets, you will be able to easily arrange and sort out various items like cutlery, knives, pots, pans, whisks, and other accessories. This will make your space more organized and tidy.
- Ease of access. When you are able to pull a shelf or rack out, you can easily pick up the item you are looking for. With standard shelving, half the items are in the back, making them difficult to reach.
- A design upgrade. Custom kitchen cabinets with pull-out mechanisms are common elements in modern kitchens. It elevates the level of interior design and makes the space look smart, stylish, and customized.
- Small pull-out sections. Only smaller pull-out shelves or cabinets are suitable for compact kitchens. If larger pull-out storage is installed, it will make the kitchen more restricted, and moving around the space will become extremely challenging.
- Difficult to clean. While pull-out shelves are clever and useful additions, they can be a real nightmare to clean and maintain. To get rid of spills, you might need to take apart the whole cabinet.
You can count on The Kitchen Store for top-rated custom kitchen remodeling services. Our certified professionals are committed to delivering high-quality workmanship and outstanding customer service to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our customers in Beverly Hills, CA and other communities around California. Call us at (310) 400-3035 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate.