Choosing the right hardware for your kitchen cabinets is a crucial detail that can significantly impact your kitchen’s functionality and design. Though they may seem like small elements, cabinet knobs and pulls play a big part in the overall style and usability of your kitchen. Let’s dive into the essential dos and don’ts when selecting your kitchen cabinet hardware in this post by kitchen remodeling expert The Kitchen Store.
Dos of Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
When choosing kitchen cabinet pulls and knobs, make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Consider the Kitchen Style. Your cabinet hardware should match the overall style of your kitchen. If your space has a modern design, sleek and minimalistic hardware might be the best fit. On the other hand, if your kitchen is more traditional, it would be more sensible to choose ornate and classic hardware designs. The key is to ensure that your hardware selection complements your kitchen’s aesthetic.
- Prioritize Functionality. While aesthetics are important, functionality should be your top priority. Top kitchen remodeling services experts consider how often you use your cabinets and what kind of hardware would be most comfortable and practical. For instance, knobs might be suitable for doors, while pulls can be more convenient for drawers due to their ease of use.
- Sample Hardware Before Purchase. It’s always a good idea to try out different hardware options in person before making a final decision. This allows you to feel the hardware, test its functionality and see how it looks against your cabinets.
Don’ts of Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
Meanwhile, here’s a look at what you shouldn’t do when making your choice of hardware for your kitchen cabinets:
- Overlook the Finish. The finish of your hardware should complement the other finishes in your kitchen, including faucets, light fixtures and appliances. Overlooking this detail can lead to a mismatched look. Whether you prefer a brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze or a polished chrome finish, make sure it ties in with the rest of your kitchen’s color scheme and fixtures.
- Disregard Comfort. Comfort is key when it comes to cabinet hardware. Remember, you’ll be using these handles and pulls frequently. Choose hardware that feels comfortable in your hand and is easy to grip.
- Neglect Budget. While it can be tempting to splurge on high-end hardware, it’s important to keep your overall kitchen remodel or update budget in mind. Fortunately, there are many stylish and functional options available at a range of price points.
Choosing kitchen cabinet hardware involves balancing style, functionality, and cost. By following these dos and don’ts, you can select hardware that enhances both the look and usability of your kitchen. To help you make an informed choice, turn to the experienced team at The Kitchen Store. In addition to kitchen cabinets, we also specialize in countertops.