The color scheme can make or break your kitchen remodeling project. Certain color palettes can reduce one’s appetite, ruining the mood during dinner. That’s why you need to put a lot of thought into choosing the right color scheme…. Continue Reading
Cooking for the family can be one of the most fulfilling experiences. One of the best ways of ensuring this is to invest in the right countertop materials. In this article, an experienced contractor in custom kitchen remodeling will share the best kitchen countertop materials for any family.
… Continue Reading
You may be having second thoughts about changing your kitchen countertops. However, several signs may indicate the need for kitchen countertops replacement. Failing to do so can result in the decline of its functionality and design. In this post, a kitchen remodeling services provider will identify the signs that say you need a new kitchen countertop.
… Continue Reading
Need a new kitchen countertop? Silestone would be a great choice. The kitchen remodeling designers at The Kitchen Store elaborate on its advantages below.
What is Silestone
Silestone is made of quartz—one of the hardest natural materials—and other extremely durable raw materials, making it extremely durable. However, apart from its exceptional durability, what makes it a great choice for a countertop
- Scratch-resistant – Thanks to its exceptional durability, the quartz surface of Silestone is resistant to scratches. And because of this scratch-resistant surface, your countertop can look brand new even after several years
- Spill-and-stain-proof – Silestone is non-porous and therefore can’t be stained by spilled coffee, vinegar, lemon juice, wine, olive oil, and other everyday products
- Impact-resistant – Even a durable countertop is bound to suffer a few cracks after you accidentally drop cookware, but not Silestone countertops
- Elegance – Combined with some traditional cabinet designs, Silestone’s quartz surface can add a touch of simple elegance to any kitchen. You’ll also have a great deal of design flexibility since manufacturers often offer a wide variety of patterns and textures for Silestone countertops
Caring for Your Silestone Countertop
Of course, no countertop is completely invulnerable, which is why it’d be a good idea to know how to care for a Silestone countertop. Here are some basic tips
- Cover your countertop with protective material before placing hot cookware on top of it. Silestone doesn’t react well with heat, although this is true for most countertop materials
- Only hire an experienced contractor to install a Silestone. Even a material as durable as Silestone can be damaged if it isn’t installed properly
Looking for a qualified contractor in your area
The Kitchen Store, a company with over five decades’ worth of experience, offers a wide range of professional kitchen remodeling services, including modern and traditional kitchen design services. To schedule a free in-showroom consultation, call us at (310) 572-7515 or leave us a message here. We serve homeowners in Culver City, CA, as well as the surrounding communities