Face frame kitchen cabinets are designed to be more visually pleasing and accessible than other options. Kitchen remodeling designers in Culver City, CA, often note the several advantages that these cabinets have over other types. Continue reading to find out if face frame kitchen cabinets are perfect for your space.
What Are Face Frame Kitchen Cabinets?
Face frame kitchen cabinets are nothing like the traditional cabinet designs in Culver City, CA. These cabinets have a face frame attached to the front panel. The face frames provide structure and stability to the overall design of the cabinet, but they can also be used to add extra visual appeal.
This type of kitchen cabinet is standard in many homes today as it is known for its durability. It can also feature different hardware, such as knobs and handles that come in various finishes and drawers and shelves that add organization options for homeowners without much counter space in their kitchens.
The benefits associated with face frame kitchen cabinets include the following:
- Easy access due to higher visibility.
- Increased level-height clearance between upper and lower cabinetry units.
- A wide selection is available from manufacturers (for aesthetic and storage needs).
- Longer-lasting build quality compared to many others due to the additional structural support provided by face frames and additions like plywood instead of particleboard boxes.
- Better sealing against moisture and heat damage with appropriate sealant applications on each joint before installation.
Types of Face Frame Kitchen Cabinets
If you want to divert from traditional kitchen designs in Culver City, CA, go with face-frame kitchen cabinets. Your options for this type of cabinet are frameless, full overlay, inset and partial overlay. The only difference between these cabinet styles is how the face frame fits the overall design.
- Frameless cabinets have no visible face frames on their faces. They look like boxes and typically appear more streamlined compared to other options.
- Full overlay cabinets sit flush against each other without gaps or seams on either side when doors and drawers are closed. They can be adjustable and feature unique knob handles.
- Inset cabinets have a lip at the top and bottom of the front panel, allowing room for small gaps so that doors can fit tightly and still have some breathability.
- Partial overlay cabinets draw attention away from border lines with full overlay applications but still provide tighter seals. There are few accordion-like space allocations along the edges.
Face frame kitchen cabinets are an excellent choice for any home in Culver City, CA. They add value and increase the overall aesthetic of a kitchen while adding extra organization options. We understand these cabinets very well at The Kitchen Store and look forward to helping you find the perfect one for your dream kitchen! Contact us at (310) 572-7515 to schedule a consultation.