Kitchen remodeling is far more complex than other home remodeling projects, and to ensure its success, you have to pay attention to certain factors. In today’s post, the kitchen remodeling designers at The Kitchen Store take a look at the things that can make or break a kitchen remodel.
- The kitchen design. The design is going to be the basis of everything that will be installed in your kitchen — colors, materials and its overall look. Whether you go for a traditional, modern or a mixture of style elements, you’ll need to make this decision early on. More importantly, you have to make sure you’ll stick with it, as changing course on an ongoing project will affect its cost and timeline.
- Kitchen cabinets. Cabinets are more than just storage spaces — they’re a key visual element. This is why cabinet doors are carefully planned, from the type of paneling to their size and placement.
- Appliances. Kitchen appliances are key to your efficiency, which is why you should never skimp on choosing the right appliances. Make sure that the appliances fulfill your kitchen needs. For example, your cooktop should have the right number of burners and your refrigerator should have ample space. An oven with an accurate temperature sensor may be essential if you plan to do a lot of baking.
- Kitchen island. A kitchen island or two can extend your kitchen’s capabilities. These multipurpose spaces can increase storage capacity, can extend your work areas, and can even be used as an informal dining space — or even a play or study table when you need to keep an eye on your kids as you go about your kitchen tasks.
- Lighting. Kitchens require a combination of different lighting schemes, not just for ambience but also for making sure that you do your tasks safely and efficiently. When planning your kitchen remodel, make sure that the essential lighting categories — ambient, task, accent — are all accounted for before moving on to decorative lighting.
Working with a capable kitchen remodeler like The Kitchen Store can help make sure that your remodeling project stays on track. To learn more about our kitchen remodeling services, give us a call today at (310) 572-7515, or click “Book Now” to schedule a no-obligation showroom consultation. We serve Culver City, CA, and the surrounding communities.